About two years ago, I started posting essays on this blog about Deming’s 14 points and their current relevance. Now I am writing on Points 11.a and 12 through 14, which I have not covered yet, organizing the material, and editing it into an eBook entitled The Deming Legacy, that will be available shortly in PDF, iBook and Kindle formats. If you are interested, please visit the site and let me know. Comments here are also welcome.
The posts on the topic to date are as follows:
- Create constancy of purpose toward improvement of product and service.
- Adopt the new philosophy.
- Cease dependence on inspection to achieve quality.
- End the practice of awarding business on the basis of a price tag.
- Improve constantly and forever the system of production and service.
- Institute training on the job.
- Institute leadership.
- Drive out fear.
- Break down barriers between departments.
- Eliminate slogans and exhortations.
- b. Eliminate management by objectives.
The title is a ploy to convince Matt Damon to play Deming in the movie version.