Oct 24 2014
To download the free sample, please click The Deming Legacy, and then on Sample.PDF as shown below:
The book is intended to entertain while providing food for thought during a two to three-hour flight on a business trip. The first three chapters are now available as free downloads. In exchange, I would appreciate the following feedback:
- The value of this book for you.
- Questions you would like answered about the topics.
- Any comments or suggestions.
The complete table of contents is as follows:
- Rereading Deming’s 14 Points
- Point 1: Create constancy of purpose
- Point 2: Adopt the new philosophy…
- Point 3: Cease dependence on inspection for quality
- Point 4: Stop awarding business based on price tag
- Point 5: Improve the System Constantly and Forever
- Point 6: Institute Training on the Job
- Point 7: Institute Leadership
- Point 8: Drive out fear
- Point 9: Break down barriers between departments
- Point 10: Eliminate slogans and exhortations
- Point 11: Eliminate numerical quotas and goals
- 11.a: Eliminate work standards for workers
- 11.b: Eliminate numerical goals for managers
- Point 12: Remove barriers to pride of workmanship
- 12. a. Remove barriers that rob the hourly worker of his right to pride of workmanship
- 12. b. Remove barriers that rob people in management and in engineering of their right to pride of workmanship
- Point 13: Institute education and self improvement
- Point 14: Put everybody to work on the transformation
- Other enduring concepts from Deming
- Common causes versus Special causes
- Deming’s “System of Profound Knowledge”
The plan is for the book to be about 100 pages. Most of the material is already written, with drafts posted on this blog, but it still needs to be edited and organized as a book.
If you are interested, I would also like to know what price you would be willing to pay for it in electronic or hardcopy form.